"Sweepstakes, Promotions & Marketing Laws: Comprehension & Compliance in a Digital/Mobile Environment"
May 5, 2017
Matthew E. Smith, Davis & Gilbert Advertising, Marketing & Promotions partner, will speak during a session titled “Sweepstakes, Promotions & Marketing Laws: Comprehension & Compliance in a Digital/Mobile Environment” to be held in New York on May 5.
More and more companies are using promotional tools including sweepstakes, skill contests, and hybrid versions thereof while struggling to keep pace with the speed of technological change on the new platforms and technologies delivering these programs. The rapidly changing world of social media –including the laws applying to posting and tweeting in “real-time marketing,” unexpected developments in mobile marketing and tracking, the growth and importance of regulations on apps, and the enormous increase of privacy-related issues – raises complex questions and issues.
In this program, experts in the field will address the critical issues that arise when offering games and other promotions relevant to today’s marketplace. Topics to be discussed include:
- Governing sweepstakes, skill contests and other promotions on the new platforms
- Compliance with the laws governing real time marketing
- New mobile marketing developments
- The increasing risks of corporate communications and blurred content/Native Advertising
- The continued importance of the FTC Endorsement Guides
- The significant change to the ad tech eco-system using privacy by design to build data collection and use
- Third Party Rights and Risks
- Children’s Marketing
For more information, or to register, visit the event website.