"Managing Your 401K and/or Defined Benefit Plan in an Uncertain and Evolving Regulatory Environment – Why Everything Changes in 2017"
May 3, 2017
Baker Tilly, Westminster Consulting, LLC and Davis & Gilbert will host a joint breakfast seminar titled, "Managing Your 401K and/or Defined Benefit Plan in an Uncertain and Evolving Regulatory Environment – Why Everything Changes in 2017" to be held at the firm’s office on May 3.
This unique program will provide a 360-degree view of compliance issues for sponsors of tax-qualified retirement plans, including perspectives from leading experts in audit, legal and investments services, in regard to both defined benefit and defined contribution retirement programs. The program will focus on new developments affecting these plans, including how to best prepare for Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL) audits. Some of the new developments and issues to be discussed include:
- The evolving pension and retirement plan landscape and the impact of the regulators
- Elimination of IRS Determination Letter program — how is your plan affected?
- DOL Fiduciary Rule—how concerned should you be?
- Updated IRS self-correction program — identifying common corrections
- New mortality tables for defined benefit plans — cost implications and strategies
- How to prepare for an IRS/DOL audit — is one really inevitable?
- How to optimize your 401k committee meetings — time to kick the tires for your group?
Alan Hahn, Co-chair, Benefits & Compensation, Davis & Gilbert LLP
Donna M. Massanova, CPA, Partner, Firm Leader, Employee Benefits Plans, Baker Tilly
Sean D. Patton, Partner, Senior Consultant, Westminster Consulting
For more information, or to register, please visit the event website.